Today I had the opportunity to attend AFP MN Chapter - IDEA Breakfast Series.
The topic was Inclusive Fundraising Teams and was Facilitated by Trista Harris, President at FutureGood. Here are some "gems" that the panel shared that I think are also very applicable to the education sector as well:
* Create value early with POCI as the enter the field
* Move toward implementing ideas to address ideas that address issues of inequity.
* Put more into staff by providing more meaningful trainings
* Change job description, do not require college degree.
* Stop "Loving the Problem"
* When POCI show up & provide honest feedback about equity, be gracious & receptive.
This Report was mentioned during the session as well.
Race To Lead: Confronting the Nonprofit Racial Leadership Gap
Mikisha Nation, Executive Director, Teach for America, Twin Cities
Mala Thao, Philanthropic Advisor, St. Paul Foundation & Minneapolis Foundation
Lana Barkawi, Executive Director, MIZNA